Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kids
https://osazuwaakonedo.news/borno-gov-praises-tinubu-but-indicates-army-didnt-rescue-416-women-kids/
#AFN #army #Babagana #Borno #BOSYA #Ngoshe #Gwoza #Maiduguri #Pulka #Zulum Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum may have given a clearer picture and addressed some fundamental issues in the Press Release issued by the Nigerian Army on Saturday that caused mixed reactions among members of the public, especially Borno Youths under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA who had condemned the military for saying in the press release that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 women and children held hostage by the Boko haram terrorists based on intelligence driven efforts that made the terrorists to flee and abandoned their victims upon sighting the superior power of the men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, AFN, with some of the terrorists arrested, but, the State Governor, Babagana Zulum while speaking during his assessment visit to Pulka community on Monday, said, 434 victims out of the total numbers of people kidnapped early this year in Ngoshe community by the Boko Haram terrorists have regained freedom, specifically stating that; "357 captives walked free in the latest coordinated effort, other captives had been released in phases over the preceding months, bringing the total number of freed captives to 434", this, we had reported that Youths in Borno State under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA has insisted that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu did nothing to secure the release of the 416 women and children held hostage by Boko Haram terrorists for more than 90 days they were taken into the bush since March 2026, also, the youth group dismissed and rejected the report of the Nigerian Army who had alleged that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 people held hostage through intelligent driven efforts, saying, they have an audio record of the conversation they had with the Boko Haram terrorists on Friday June 5th, 2026 before the Boko Haram terrorists decided to release the captives willingly, adding, "If they paid ransom, they should come out and tell Nigerians, which we have the full details if ransoms was paid or not, as Senator Ali Ndume automatically started thanking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is there something Nigerians Need to know that is Hidden", it maybe recalled that we have reported that barely a day after President Donald Trump of the United States of America, the USA announced the killing of Abu Bilal al-Minuki, the second in command of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, ISIS in a joint operation with Nigeria soldiers in Borno State, a new video of the abducted 416 women and children in Boko Haram captivity has been released in addition to a gory video earlier released by the terrorists wherein they beheaded almost six men who the insurgents said tried to