Surprise Me!

Lacson: Leadership fund 'worse version of outlawed pork barrel system'

2026-08-13 890 Dailymotion

Lacson: Leadership fund 'worse version of outlawed pork barrel system'

Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Aug. 13, 2026 renews his call to abolish the 'leadership fund' from the national budget, branding it as a 'worse version the outlawed pork barrel system.' Lacson said the leadership provided lawmakers opportunity to make insertions even during the preparation stage of the national budget. Lacson issued the statement a day after former Public Works secretary Manuel Bonoan told the Sandiganbayan that all senators have at least P500 million of allocations for their priority projects in the so-called 'leadership funds' earmarked under the agency's budget last year. Bonoan said a total of P24 billion was allotted for senators, but the amount for each lawmaker was supposedly subject to the discretion of then Senate president Juan Miguel Zubiri, who denied this.

VIDEO BY CATHERINE VALENTE

Check out our Streaming Channel: https://streaming.manilatimes.net/

Subscribe to The Manila Times Channel - https://tmt.ph/YTSubscribe

Visit our website at https://www.manilatimes.net

Follow us:
Facebook - https://tmt.ph/facebook
Instagram - https://tmt.ph/instagram
Twitter - https://tmt.ph/twitter
DailyMotion - https://tmt.ph/dailymotion

Subscribe to our Digital Edition - https://tmt.ph/digital

Check out our Podcasts:
Spotify - https://tmt.ph/spotify
Apple Podcasts - https://tmt.ph/applepodcasts
Amazon Music - https://tmt.ph/amazonmusic
Deezer: https://tmt.ph/deezer
Tune In: https://tmt.ph/tunein

#TheManilaTimes
#TMTNews
#PorkBarrel
#Philippines