Protesters in Seoul rally against US-South Korea joint military exercise
Protesters gathered outside the US Embassy in Seoul on Monday, calling for a halt to the annual joint military exercise between South Korea and the United States. About a dozen of protesters chanted slogans while holding up banners that said “Stop war exercise.” The annual Ulchi Freedom Shield joint military exercises are scheduled to run from August 17 to 27, with about 18,000 South Korean military personnel participating.
Hours before exercises were scheduled to begin, US President Donald Trump said on his Truth Social site on Sunday that he had instructed his Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth to reduce joint military exercises with South Korea. He said although it was too late to cancel the drills entirely, he was "not happy" that the US had previously agreed to participate and highlighted his "very good relationship" with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
REUTERS VIDEO
Check out our Streaming Channel: https://streaming.manilatimes.net/
Subscribe to The Manila Times Channel - https://tmt.ph/YTSubscribe
Visit our website at https://www.manilatimes.net
Follow us:
Facebook - https://tmt.ph/facebook
Instagram - https://tmt.ph/instagram
Twitter - https://tmt.ph/twitter
DailyMotion - https://tmt.ph/dailymotion
Subscribe to our Digital Edition - https://tmt.ph/digital
Check out our Podcasts:
Spotify - https://tmt.ph/spotify
Apple Podcasts - https://tmt.ph/applepodcasts
Amazon Music - https://tmt.ph/amazonmusic
Deezer: https://tmt.ph/deezer
Tune In: https://tmt.ph/tunein
#TheManilaTimes
#WorldNews