Surprise Me!

Kidnap boy reunited with his father

2010-03-18 1 Dailymotion


A five-year-old boy freed by kidnappers after his family paid a £110,000 ransom was reunited with his father today.



The pair are now expected to fly back to the UK, where their family are waiting at home in Oldham, Greater Manchester.



Raja Naqqash Saeed, whose son Sahil Saeed was found safe this week after being snatched a fortnight ago, travelled to Paris where he handed over the money, Spanish police said.



Officers saw him make the transfer, watched as the recipients divided up the cash, and later swooped on a number of suspects, according to a statement.



Sahil, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, was found wandering alone in a field in the Punjab region of Pakistan on Tuesday and was handed over to police.



He has since been looked after by British officials and is reportedly going to fly into the UK with his father later today.



Spanish Police said three people - two Pakistani men and a Romanian woman - were arrested when they raided a flat in Constanti, around 60 miles from Barcelona, after the youngster was freed. Around £105,000 in cash was recovered. Two of the suspects had been followed from Paris, and all three are due to appear in court in Spain today.



Two other people, accused of helping the kidnappers, were also arrested in Paris.



Sahil was on holiday with his father and other relatives in Jhelum in the Punjab region when he was snatched by gunmen on March 4.